In cities like Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, and Westchester, a leaky and wet basement is pretty prevalent. Primarily because of extreme temperature fluctuations, rainfall, and snowfall. It is one of the major causes that lead to severe structural problems as the foundation gets affected considerably. A fool-proof basement waterproofing Bronx is mandatory to protect your building from havoc consequences and extend its service life.
If you have dampened walls and wet yellow-painted floors in your basement, it suggests an evident waterproofing failure. Apart from the moisture, it also induces an inhabitable environment with a musty odor and germ infestation. So, fixing water damage in your basement must be your prime concern to discard such issues and prevent catastrophic events. The health of your family and building is at stake!
Read More: – High-Grade Basement Waterproofing in NYC
Many property owners are tempted to opt for DIYs instead of hiring professional basement waterproofing companies. Perhaps to them, it is not a difficult job and can be performed without expertise. Others intend to save expenses! What do you think? Is DIY basement waterproofing a good idea? Let us find out.
The Pitfalls of DIY Basement Waterproofing
DIY waterproofing is never a good idea. It won’t work in the long run! Do you want to know why? Here it goes:
- There is no such thing as a universal basement waterproofing technique which fits in every type of basement! It means, for individual basements, the method applied varies depending on geographical location, climate, hydraulic pressure, foundation structure and others. Basement waterproofing specialists always implement techniques based on the above considerations for maximum functionality.
- When you go for DIY, there is no warranty on the project. You will be solely responsible for errors and bear the repair costs to fix things if anything goes wrong.
- The process of basement waterproofing is extensive and needs you to use a lot of chemicals and products you do not know So safety is one of the primary concerns when you take up a DIY project. Neither do you have the safety gear nor the skills to handle the products and equipment!
- The cost of basement waterproofing might go up if you do it yourself. Without a guarantee on the work, there is a fair chance you can make costly mistakes, which will require more money to fix. So, in the long run, DIY is more expensive.
- The quality of the job will never match that of the experts! Your DIY will not last too long until you start noticing dampening yellow walls soon! It is because you did not employ the appropriate materials and skills like that of a basement waterproofing contractor.
- How long do you think it will take to finish your DIY project? Perhaps you are speculative about it because waterproofing your basement is extensively time-consuming. And if you have your hands full, you can be assured it can take up to weeks!
Therefore, staying away from DIY basement waterproofing is always worth it!